Our Neighbourhood Plan
Our Neighbourhood Plan is being developed to ensure that Gainford and Langton remains a beautiful, historic and vibrant village in the years ahead. It is a statutory document that ensures residents' views help to shape housing and planning policy and decisions at County Council level. The Plan not only gives today's parishioners a voice in deciding the future of the parish but also preserves the special character of Gainford and Langton for the next generation.
The plan is designed to ensure the parish of Gainford and Langton retains:
- Its village feel and sense of community
- Its identity and beauty
- Its ability to perfectly house all residents of all ages
- Its countryside and heritage
- Its local businesses and services
Our Plan Policies
These will include strategies for:
- Community resources
Our plan will ensure:
- Our voices are heard effectively at County Council level.
- We retain the beauty and village identity of our parish.
- We protect and enhance our parish for the next generation.
- We ensure a vibrant, thriving future for everyone in our community.
- We come together as a community to identify and protect all that is special about our parish.